06 Jun How To Wear An A-line Skirt…
Why are A-line skirts so great to wear?
Personally I find this style skirt so much fun and easy to wear while flattering the torso. Depending on the fabric you choose you can successfully wear an A-line from one season to the next without feeling dated. Whether you wear it with a stylish pair of ballet flats or a striking heel, an A-line skirt can be a sophisticated yet flattering alternative to your go-to jeans this winter.
The advantages of wearing an A-line skirt:
- They look good on almost every woman, when worn at the perfect length. The tall ladies can wear this style above and below the knees, while someone petite may want to keep the length above the knee and slightly higher. For ladies in the 40+ range try and keep the length on or just above the knee.
- They always look feminine, providing a flirtatious and fun overall look
- They can hide our bulgy bits, giving the shapewear a rest for a little (this one I love).
- You can have fun dressing them up or down, depending on your occasion and choice of tops you team with them.
- They generally accentuate your waist giving a smooth hourglass type figure
- You can combine them with a large variety of shoes. They look great with pumps and high sandals. This season it’s also very popular to wear them with tight fitting booties. For winter they look great with long boots as well.
- You can take the look from day to night in a flash simply by swapping a knitted cardigan or jumper to a sassy leather jacket.
- A-line skirts love to be paired with cropped jackets, this adds a fresh modern look to your style while an oversized jumper or knit that’s popular this season (like I’m wearing in this pic) will give your skirt a street style sassy kind of look.
Keep in mind the following when wearing an A-line style skirt
- The choice in fabric when selecting tops to team with your skirt is important. Choosing the wrong top can make us look bulky or even frumpy if not careful. A soft blouse can look smart, while a fitted top is always a winner. Make sure to tuck into your skirt emphasising your waistline.
- When wearing a jumper or knit over your skirt (like I have) make sure the top is not too long, keep in mind this may hide the waistline but hopefully the arms and neckline are more towards the fitted creating some balance.
- Trending right now is the jumper or blouses over the waistline (hiding it all together) this all comes down to personal preference, as this look can a boxed look that many find frustrating.
- Picking the correct length for your height is vital, most average height and below ladies can steer clear of the very long A-line.
- Shoes also play an important look to the overall look. They will define how classic, girly, edgy, modern or everyday casual your look will be. During winter I love to wear mine with an ankle boot and pumps leaving the stiletto for warmer days.
Here’s my edit and the best bit is, the prices range from $19.95-$179 pretty cool hey!
Street Style Cool
Click To Shop: Asos Petite Polka Dot Skirt $76.00
Click To Shop: Dotti Knit Flip A-line now $19.95
Click To Shop: David Lawrence A-Line Wrap Skirt $179
Click To Shop: Forever New “Alexa” A-Line Suede Skirt $69.99
Work To Drinks
Click To Shop: Country Road Pocket Detail A-line Skirt $149
Cocktails & Dreams
Click To Shop: The Iconic ‘Atmos & Here’ Bahati Floral A-line Skirt $69.95
Click To Shop: The Iconic ‘Oasis’ Striped Satin Skirt now $79.00
And there you have it, my take on how an A-line can be versatile and fun.
Hope you all have fun shopping and Styling your skirts.