02 Sep New Season – New Mood-Boosting Style Overhaul
Not sure if it’s the flowers in bloom I am seeing during my daily walks with Apollo or the longer days but suddenly it feels like spring is in the air…
If you’re looking for your own little spring wardrobe makeover, we’ve got you covered. As lockdown continues Style Culture has been immersed in online styling client’s wardrobes for spring. We’re finding now more than ever people need to feel good about themselves and how they look. So what better way than to spruce things up in your wardrobe this spring than with a Style Overhaul. Refreshing your work from home style while regaining much needed feel good endorphins about yourself!
In an overwhelming response to July’s ‘Accessories Seal the Deal’ it felt only fitting a follow up with 5 Secrets to Belting Like a Stylist take centre stage this month. You see season’s trends come and go to suit the times yet a stylist’s tips and hacks carry on. The good news is style hacks are not exclusive to fashion styling catwalks or magazine covers. When applied right a stylist’s tips work their magic on real everyday women like you too.
This spring we also dive into the world of CHANEL No.5 – 100 Years of Celebrity and the limited edition collection titled “Factory 5” to mark the occasion. And as always complete with KK’s favourites for the month.
Here’s to sunny days ahead and heartfelt smiles always,
Kerry K xo
Top 5 Secrets To Belting Like A Stylist
We all love the look of a well styled woman wearing a statement belt, yet why do so many shy away when it comes to adding to their own personal style? In many cases it’s simply through lack of knowledge in knowing what to purchase or how-to accessorise and style a belt. Here I share my style tricks used to create and complete looks for any shape and size.
1. Consider why you are adding a belt – Are you looking to make a fashion statement, do you want to hold up your pants or are you looking to emphasise your waistline? Belts have that magic ability to draw attention to whatever part of the body they are placed across.
2. Invest in belts that compliment your own individual style – Just because your friend looks good in a particular make doesn’t mean you will. Select a belt that identifies your style, body shape and the look you are going for. Adding a belt should enhance and elevate not drown your body in belt.
3. Think of your belt like you do when adding jewellery or a pair of shoes – If you don’t normally like to wear big jewelled bangles and earrings don’t invest in a big jewelled belt. So too with the lady that prefers classic black or nude shoes opting out of a gold statement making heel. Make your belt compliment your outfit and your style personality.
4. Choose the right width – This one plays a major role in your overall appearance and look. It also happens to be the key player in showing off a great waist. Here are three simple points to look for:
If you are short-waisted – Avoid wide belts that tend to make your upper body look even shorter. Thinner belts will look better on you balancing your torso without covering up the midsection or taking over too much space from your chest to legs.
For a petite frame – Go skinny! A thin singular colour the same as your outfit will be in proportion with a petite body frame.
For the longer torso – You will love the look of a thicker waisted belt. A wide belt is sure to balance between your top and bottom torso, making the overall look more proportional.
Curvy and Plus Size – Wide, wrap or chain belt will be your styling best friend, enhancing the smallest part of your body.
5. When to Belt Up – Over a coat, jeans, pants, skirts, dresses and in recent times over a blazer too! Belts should and can be used to add life and a little extra shape to most outfits you create. When chosen carefully, your belt will add zing to your style, while almost always providing an updated visually attractive look.
Extra Stylist Tip – In 2021 you do not need to feel like your shoes and belt should match. Think of Carrie from SATC and how fabulously she pulled off a miss match of shoes, belt and handbag.
Style Overhaul – There’s no better time than Spring
Nothing destroys self-esteem and confidence faster than staring at clothes that look worn, tired or no longer fit you.
I you are tired of wearing the same clothes on high rotation during an 18 month pandemic insisting on taking us in and out of lockdown, it’s time to try something new. Don’t wait for things to change, Spring is by far the best time to reclaim your confidence!
Book an online Redefine Your Style personal styling package by 26 September 2021 and receive a whole extra hours time spent with your own stylist Kerry -that’s me! Together we will refresh, update and breathe new life needed into your wardrobe. This, all while you remain in the comfort of your home. (bonus styling time valued at $260.00)
CHANEL No.5 – 100 Years of Celebrity
Did fragrance even exist before Chanel No.5? For a brief minute can we just ignore past history and say no!
First introduced to me at the ripe old age of 21 by fellow classmate also studying fashion design, it truly was love at first sight or should I say scent. Fast forward to 2021 she’s still there travel sized in my hand bag, on my dressing table and while I shower lathering up amongst the lush scents of Jasmine, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and musk washing the day away.
To celebrate 100 fabulous years of Chanel No.5 luxe house of CHANEL curates a series of stories marking the most well known and loved fragrance of them all. To view click here or image below!
Favourite 5 Collection
In celebration of the make-up experts we’ve all come to rely on, here you will find 5 favourites every chic human should try in their lifetime.