10 Nov When November comes a knocking we tend to go a shopping…
Hello and welcome to our November issue of Style Culture Magazine, we’re one step closer to saying goodbye to the year that was 2020 but we’re not done yet! Right now there’s a tonne of opportunities for shopping smart during the Black Friday & Cyber Monday annual sales coming up saving you $$ and frustration in the lead up to Christmas.
This month’s edition will ensure you don’t run out of style and wardrobe ideas, as well as how to shop now and save later. PLUS, where to shop the season’s hottest wardrobe staples while supporting our local home-grown designer labels featured in our “Aussie linen labels your wardrobe needs right now”.
Hope you enjoy this edition as much as I have in researching and preparing it for you!
Much love always KerryK xox
Objects of Desire – My Top 4 Favourite Styles Right Now
There’s a lot to be said about clothes and accessories that provide a good fit perfect style and comfort too. Here are my top 4 favourite style you too can enjoy this season…
1. Embroidery Maxi Dress
There’s nothing more striking than a flowy summer dress, pair that with a 100% cotton make then add an all over broderie lace detail styled to suit all body shapes and BINGO you’ve hit the jackpot on this seasons swing style dress designed for an impactful statement without sacrificing comfort! Best worn by day with your favourite slides or sandals, early afternoon lunch with a summer wedge and evening festive drinks with your favourite heels too! Cotton embroidery lace is having a major moment yet again this season and I couldn’t be happier 😊 Shop dress here
2.Coty One Piece Swimwear
Who could have ever imagined recycled fishing nets could be spun into such impeccable style and quality- thank you Palm Swimwear. If your summer wardrobe is missing a one-piece swimsuit this is your calling and green light to go! The Coty asymmetrical one-piece features a double strap one-shoulder design with double fabric in the lining for support. Wear this fabulous one piece for your next summer staycay, poolside cocktails at home and stylish making summer nights by pairing it back with your favourite denim cut-offs, it’s a win win really! Shop one-piece here
3. Bermuda Shorts
Shorts have long been known as the best travel buddy a woman can have. They are that one versatile summer staple that belongs in everyone’s wardrobe. Put aside your usual denim cut and say hello to this season’s vintage inspired longer length high-waisted style made from 100% Ramie. Best worn – with your favourite silk blouses, singlets and cami’s , logo tees and knitwear too, just about everywhere – sure to elongating those legs in height while shaping our curves too! Psst for those wondering what Ramie is it’s a premium natural product known to be one of the strongest fibres amongst flax, cotton and wool. Shop shorts here
4.Kitten Heel Shoes
You’ve bagged the vintage inspired shorts to go with your one-piece swimsuit, sourced the cotton embroidery dress to take you through summer festivities, it’s time to complete the looks with this season’s ultimate cool girl shoe worn by fangirls the likes of Kenndal Jenner and the Hadid sisters. Made with fun and comfort in mind the latest take on the classic kitten heel is bound to make a style statement all summer long. Shop shoes here
Aussie Linen Labels Your Wardrobe Needs To Have
Australian designers have long been known to be ahead of the game and in my opinion, some of the best in the world when it comes to creating effortless by the sea resort wear. High-quality linen pieces will happily exist in your wardrobe and become the most loved additions to your summer wardrobe year after year. Practical and lightweight – classic linen styles have had a serious “on trend” comeback keeping you cool as the temperature rises AND because I’m all about supporting home-grown I’ve rounded up my 5 Australian favourites who’ve nailed the linen look this season!
Shop Now Save Later – Why Shopping Now Will Save You $$ Later
My shop now save later theory has served me well over the years. It’s a very basic mindset that allows me and hopefully you to train your brain to NOT purchase at full price unless absolutely necessary.
How you ask? Here’s my go-to steps on spend and save:
1. Everything starts with a wish list – jot down your want-to-have vs must-have items. Include everything from seasonal fashion updates (most likely to be on the want list) to must-have winter boots needed to replace your current well-worn pair.
2. Order of elimination – via the “want-to-have” list. Ask yourself can I afford this, will this piece serve me well mixing and matching back with 4-5 different outfits I currently own? If the answer is no, cross it off and move on to the next item. You get the drift right? Assessing your shopping and wish list narrows down your choice providing you savings before you have started. It’s also a great way of rewarding yourself at a later date when a certain goal or personal achievement has been reached.
3. Shopping for the off Season – Most people can’t wrap themselves around the thought of shopping in the off season. What’s an off season? Be it online or via a visit in store I find shopping for autumn when its spring and vice versa is where the major savings happen. For example during spring time most designers are heavily reducing shoes, accessories and your next favourite pair of jeans from the season just past, often I find sales vary between 30- 60% off on that same pair you most likely would have paid for full price. Clients are often blown away when I tell them I have snagged a fab designer bag or boots at half price. The trick here is to stick to your shopping list, while most are focussing on the summer ahead, I tackle my off season list of need-to-have bagging a bargain every time. Come winter its ready-set-go with no stress or pressure finding styles that match my budget.
4. Shopping the current season on a budget – Technology has allowed us the opportunity to take advantage of sales and reductions before an item sells out. Keen to add the latest Tony Bianco kicks to your wardrobe but can’t afford the spend right now? You can (A) hop online and create an account, most systems allow you to either add to your wish list alerting you via e-mail or text when your fav’s go on sale and (B) select an afterpay system allowing you the freedom to strut your stuff enjoying your latest find while you pay off your purchase over time. I tend to opt for option A and not the later. Working with an allocated budget each season provides me the knowledge and mindset to simply say no, no matter how great the bargain.
5. Shop the Sales for heaven’s sake! Not a fan of crowds? Neither am I but if 2020 has done anything for us it has gifted us the ability to shop our favourites online and with ease. Gone are the days of waiting for half yearly sales, nowadays most retailers will offer anywhere up to 30 and even 40% off several times a year so why pay full price when you can bag a bargain. This year be ahead of the game with a Shop Now – Save $$’s Later mindset. November brings many pre-Christmas sales, the biggest savings for the month are provided via the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. It’s the absolute perfect time to tackle that list for seasonal finds, Christmas gifts, next year’s birthday presents and even updating your cool causal work style. Shopping sales ahead equals saving your hard earned dollars for later.
And should you need a little help finding the very best deals for the biggest shopping day in Australia this link is just for you…. https://www.finder.com.au/black-friday-deals
Beauty Update – Affordable Treatments You Can Do At Home
This year may have provided many surprises but the biggest of them all has been the ability to reunite myself with back to basics self-care. For many months now I have reaped the rewards of chemical free manicures allocating Saturday night “me time” exploring the benefits of a in home beauty fix. Indulge at home with these 3 affordable beauty treatments that don’t require a second set of hands to get the job done saving you dollars along the way.
1. Facial Massage
I’m a big advocate of affordable beauty tools that deliver results. If you haven’t heard all the buzz around the facial massage ritual using a Gua Sha, then you will soon. A Gua Sha stone works great at releasing tension within the facial muscles whilst sculpting, lifting, releasing puffiness and any excess fluid. And not to mention it’s incredibly relaxing and super affordable!
2. Tint your eyebrows
Fed up filling in your eyebrows every day? Brow tinting might just be for you. Wake up to naturally fuller brows by giving yourself an at-home brow tint that leaves your brows perfectly defined and evenly filled for a fraction of the cost of a beauty salon treatment.
3.LED Light Therapy
As the industry grows so too the ability to access and enjoy the benefits of light therapy treatments providing at-home devices that treat acne-causing bacteria, help reduce pore size, and minimize wrinkles with the power of LED lights. Clinical based results without the hefty price tag.
The Inner Circle Members Offer
It’s officially here!!!!
I’m so excited to share with you all my Stylish Inner Circle, a safe place for women only wanting to feel good about the way they dress, a place to learn how to shop better and create a personal style that empowers you to achieve your dream wardrobe. Come join me as I share my 25+ years of fashion design and personal styling expertise on a female-only platform.
Why? We have a great time shopping together but what happens a month down the line when those questions and daily frustrations start to build up? Maybe you’ve shopped online but now need a second opinion? Join my Inner Circle of like-minded women interacting providing support and answers to all questions.
Who? It’s for every female looking to gain confidence in how you look, that same lady that needs outfit inspiration and style support, wants to be inspired to develop an individual style specific to her lifestyle and budget. The woman of today that’s pressed for time that loves easy style hacks and solutions to build a functional and relatable wardrobe.
How? Regular personal style inspiration posted on a female-only exclusive group, personalised shopping and style videos on how to dress for you – accessed anytime, outfit selection and style solutions, seasonal shopping suggestions plus monthly access to your stylist via live calls shared on the female only private Facebook group. YOUR VERY OWN Personal Stylist without the usual price tag.
SOUNDS AMAZING RIGHT?
Sign up ahead of our launch this summer to take advantage of our ‘early adopters’ price of $67 per month (that’s $2.25c per day and less than your daily coffee) normally valued at $97 per month or join for 12 months with an extremely limited offer of just $807 (normal value $1,164) and the best part is you can cancel at any time!
Secure your early adopter’s spot here
PS You’ll need to jump on before 30.11.20 to receive the early adopter offer of $67 per month or one off 12 month membership payment of $807. Early adapter offer ends 30 November 2020 regular subscription launch price of $97 applies on launch date late December 2020.